In essence, the “good news of the kingdom” is the following:
- God is inviting you and all people – Jew and non-Jew alike – regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, ethnicity or background, to come and to be a part of His Kingdom;
- The way into the kingdom has been opened up by the Messiah Yeshua/Jesus, who through His death and resurrection, fulfilled the promise and legal requirements that God made when He passed through the pieces of the covenant that He made with Abraham (see Genesis 15).
- So now with the promise and legal requirements of the Covenant fulfilled, God has begun – and is continuing still – to fill His Kingdom with all those who will come in faith believing that (1) God has kept His promise to the fathers through the Messiah, (2) that God has raised Yeshua/Jesus from the dead and (3) that God has made Him Lord to the glory of God the Father; thereby, making people from all nations members of the “seed of Abraham.” As the Scriptures teach,
- That if you confess with your mouth Jesus (Heb. Yeshua) as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. (Romans 10:9);
- Therefore also God highly exalted Him [Yeshua/Jesus], and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus (Yeshua) every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ (Heb. Yeshua HaMoshiach) is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11);
- And if you belong to Christ (Messiah), then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Galatians 3:29)
- And those who do come believing, God promises to give them an inner transformation, a new birth or to be “born again,” and in so doing, one’s past life of seen is forgiven and forgotten by God, and one begins a new life in Him. As the Scriptures teach,
- Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances…so you will be My people, and I will be your God. (Ezekiel 36:26, 27, 28b);
- Truly, Truly, I [Yeshua/Jesus] say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God…unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:3, 5);
- Therefore if any man [or woman] is in Christ (Messiah), he [or she] is a new creation; the old has passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17);
- Finally, in appreciation to their new intimate relationship with God, God expects all His people to pursue a life of holiness, because the LORD our God wishes us to imitte Him, for us to be holy as “He is holy.” He also wishes us to obey His teachings and commandments found throughout the Scriptures – in both the Tanakh (“Old Testaments”) and the B’rit Chadasha (“New Testament”) – and to follow the leading of His Spirit (Heb. Ruach HaKodesh). As the Scriptures teach,
- For I am the LORD your God. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am holy. (Leviticus 11:44);
- Speak to all the congregation of the sons of Israel and say to them, “You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy.” (Leviticus 19:2)
- but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” (I Peter 1:15-16);
- So keep and do them [God’s commandments], for that is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples who will hear all these statutes and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. (Deuteronomy 4:6);
- You should diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and His testimonies and His statutes which He has commanded you. (Deuteronomy 6:17);
- For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. (I John 5:2)
- in order that the requirement of the Law (Heb. Torah) might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh (sin nature; Heb. yetzer ra), but according to the Spirit….For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. (Romans 8:4, 14)
If you have accepted the Good News of the Kingdom and have accepted Yeshua/Jesus as your Lord and Messiah, then we say, “Shalom! Welcome!” And may God richly bless you as you seek to make Him and His Kingdom the #1 priority in your day-to-day life.
Also, it is our continual prayer and praise, that our lives and this website continually lift up God and His Messiah, Yeshua/Jesus, and may they be blessed forever and ever. Amen.