Welcome to Following Messiah, a Whole Bible Ministry! It is interesting to see the expressions when I tell people that as a ministry, we believe that the whole Bible is for today for all people. The surprise may be due to the fact that they’ve never heard the term “whole Bible” before or it may contradict some things they’ve been taught about Christianity, but with more and more Christians leaving the belief in much of the Bible, I believe a whole Bible movement is more important than ever before.
WHAT IS “WHOLE BIBLE” MINISTRY?
Very simply, we are a ministry that believes that all of the Bible, from Genesis 1:1 to the very last verse of Revelation, Revelation 22:21, is for all people for all time. That, of course, includes all people today, whether they happen to be a Jew or a non-Jew.
THE FOUNDATION OF THE WHOLE BIBLE CONCEPT
Our basic foundation for the “Whole Bible” concept is 2 Timothy 3:16-17,
ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (Emphasis Mine)
There are several points that I would like to point out here:
- The word translated as “All” is the Greek word pos, and it means “Each, Every, or All.” Consequently, it does not mean “All” in simply a “general sense,” but it literally means “Each Scripture” or “Every Scripture” found within the Bible.
- All Scripture is “GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD.” This phrase is the English translation of the Greek compound word, pnem, and it literally means “God-breathed.” “All, Each, or Every Scripture” is “God-breathed.” It has been breathed out and spoken by God Himself, and it is “enspirited” or .
- “ALL SCRIPTURE IS PROFITABLE…” The word translated as “profitable” here is the Greek word, and according to the Apostle Paul, there are four ways in which “All Scripture is profitable”:
- It is profitable “FOR DOCTRINE”:
- It is profitable “FOR REPROOF”:
- It is profitable “FOR CORRECTION”:
- It is profitable “FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS”:
- “SO THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE PERFECT, THOROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS.”
WHOLE BIBLE APPROACH
And just like we believe that all of the Bible is for everyone today, we also believe that we should search the whole Bible, both Old and New Testaments, when examining various issues and beliefs. We should not relegate our search to only the New Testament.
Article is still under construction