“Then my heart was touched by He, who died on Calvary, and my heart had a feelin’ of a different kind of love. Now I am teaching to men, how I was saved from sin, and how Christ [Messiah] is coming back again.”
— Chris L. Verschage, “A Message from Paul” (1976)
ABOUT US – WHO WE ARE
Following Messiah (FM) is a Whole Bible Christian ministry that was founded by Chris & Karen Verschage in 2013. We are a grassroots Christian organization that’s presently web-based, and whose five-fold focus is bible study and education, discipleship, ministry training, apologetics, and in reaching out to others in need with God’s love and compassion.
Following Messiah is a Whole Bible Christian educational organization. However, it is not a non-profit organization (We’re working on that). As a result, donations at this time would not be tax deductible.
ABOUT OUR TWO MAIN DISTINCTIVES
The first main distinctive that stands out above all others is that we believe that the whole Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is the eternal Word of God, and it is, therefore, for all people for all time.
However, unlike many Christians, we believe that God’s instructions, laws, commandments, statutes, and judgments laid down in the first five books of the Bible is for all people for all time since it was given both to the Israelites and to Gentiles, not to the Jews alone.
Also, unlike some Christians, we believe that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, the gifts of the Spirit, and Divine Healing are also for all people for all time.
We fully support both positions because they are both in the Bible, and we believe that literally all of the Bible is for all people for all time.
ANOTHER MAIN DISTINCTIVE
Another main distinctive of FM is that our ministry and teachings are centered and focused around God’s Kingdom, which is what we believe is the overall subject matter of the Bible, God’s Kingdom Manual, as well as the heartbeat, pulse, and focus of Yeshua (Jesus) in His life and ministry as well. And we believe that if it is the heartbeat and focus of the Father and the Son, than it should be our focus as well.
OUR VISION – WHAT WE HOPE TO BECOME
Our vision for this ministry is that over the next five years, Following Messiah would become a significant online Whole Bible Christian resource for people looking for answers, interested in finding out more about Messiah, His Kingdom, the Scriptures, discipleship, ministry, and/or apologetics.
OUR MISSION – WHY WE EXIST
- To proclaim and promote the kingdom of God and its Spirit-dependent way of life, fully centered on Messiah, to people of all nations.
We believe that every believer, who is part of God’s kingdom, has been called to engage in the Kingdom at some level, whether you’ve been called to minister to your family and friends, to those in your neighborhood, to people at your job, to people at a local group or congregation, to people in your village, town, city, state, or country, or to minister in another country. God has placed His commission in every believer’s heart, and so it is our desire to reach out and to educate and train people so that they can be fully equipped to do whatever level of ministry God has called them to do.
Yeshua (Jesus) wanted a Kingdom people who would live their lives reflecting the values, norms, beliefs, and teachings of His Kingdom, which are found in the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation. He did not die to establish a religion, but a Kingdom. And somehow that idea of the Kingdom has been largely spiritualized and lost to the historical church.
Consequently, as we approach the time period of our King’s return, we need to return to a biblically-based, Kingdom-focused lifestyle. We need to be His kingdom, doing the work of the Kingdom until the time period of our King’s return. And if we can come back to that basic understanding, then we can return to an identity, belief and lifestyle that was central to Yeshua (Jesus), His life and His ministry. And it is for that purpose and reason that Following Messiah was established.
As a result, we at Following Messiah Ministries will be involved in the following:
- sharing the gospel (or “good news”) of the kingdom and our Lord Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah with others;
- leading people into an intimate relationship with the Messiah;
- teaching the whole Word of God in a way that’s comprehensive, understandable, thought-provoking, and applicable to people’s daily lives.
- teaching people about the kingdom of God and its Spirit-dependent way of life, and how to share it with others.
- Preparing people for the soon return of the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) and the establishment of His Kingdom here on earth where He will rule and reign from Jerusalem, Israel, for 1,000 years.
OUR CALLING – WHAT GOD HAS INSTRUCTED US TO DO
The Lord has called Chris & Karen to share and teach the following:
- That God loves us with a love that we cannot comprehend or understand;
- That God is eternal, He does not change; He is the same yesterday, today, and forever;
- That God’s Word does not change, and that ALL of His word from Genesis 1:1 to the end of the book of Revelation is for all people for all time;
- That God’s primary focus is on establishing His Kingdom in our lives and, eventually, on the earth; it’s not about a religion or in “being religious”;
- That God cannot dwell in an unholy and corrupt people, His Temple; to be His Kingdom people, we must work with the Holy Spirit to sanctify ourselves and walk in obedience to His commandments, statutes, and ordinances, including those found in the Torah given to Moses on Mt. Siani;
- That the Lord’s return is very, very soon, and we need to prepare for His coming or take the chance of us being left behind; and
- That we are to reach out and minister God’s love and compassion to others.
OUR ENDS/GOALS – WHAT WE HOPE TO ACHIEVE
The following is what we at Following Messiah would like to achieve in and through our ministry:
- The transformation of people’s lives around the world through their intimate relationship with Messiah, their daily time spent with Him in prayer and the study of the Scriptures, and their participation in the work of the kingdom of God;
- To awaken in people a desire and hunger for more of God and His Word;
- To restore to people a desire and hunger for the holiness of God, “that we might be partakers of His holiness,” for without “holiness, no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 13:10, 14);
- The development of people within God’s kingdom to reflect His character, nature, values, and beliefs;
- The development of people into a more active role and presence as ambassadors of the Messiah and His kingdom within the surrounding society, nation, and the world;
- To equip and empower believers with the education and training to successfully minister to the needs of others with God’s love and compassion, His Word, and the gifts and operations of the Holy Spirit; and
- To restore to people the surety and evidence that the whole Bible is for the believer today.
OUR TEN VALUES
- To continually seek to make the kingdom of heaven/God (Heb. Malkhut Hashamayim) our number #1 top priority;
- To keep the Messiah as the focus and Lord of our lives;
- To follow the leading of the Holy Spirit (Heb. Ruach HaKodesh);
- To keep our teachings and ministry based on the Word of God;
- To reach out to others with God’s love and compassion;
- To maintain a lifestyle that’s consistent with the message that we teach;
- To strive for excellence and professionalism in both attitude and conduct;
- To build teamwork, interdependence, and mutual accountability;
- To present messages that are clear, concise, well-supported and documented, and that elevates the person of the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) in love, integrity, and grace; and
- To be responsible and careful in the use of our position, opportunities, and platforms that are made available to us.
If you are visiting our site, we would like to welcome you. We invite you to check out our various links, to read our articles and blogs, and to consider and pray regarding our teachings. But whether you are a first-time visitor or a regular attendee our of site, it is our prayer that our materials will assist you with your walk with the Lord or in your search for the Truth, and that it will bring you into a closer, more intimate relationship with our Lord and Savior, the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus).
Following Messiah (FM) is a Spirit-led, Whole Bible Christian outreach and ministry that’s been called by God and the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) to represent Him and all His Scriptures. Our ministry was officially founded in December 2015. However, we are still in the early stages of our development as an organization, and so we are not yet a legal non-profit. Therefore, any donations to us at this time would not be tax deductible.
However, we do covet your prayers for this ministry and the families of those who choose to be a part of our community and support us as we follow God’s calling on our lives. As soon as we have attained the legal status of a non-profit, then we will announce it here on our website.