“Then my heart was touched by He, who died on Calvary, and my heart had a feelin’ of a different kind of love. Now I am teaching to men, how I was saved from sin, and how Christ [Messiah] is coming back again.”
— Chris L. Verschage, from “A Message from Paul”
ABOUT US – WHO WE ARE
Following Messiah Ministries (FMM) is a Spirit-led, Whole Bible, Kingdom organization, that was formed in response to God’s calling of Chris & Karen Verschage to be His ’emissaries to “the nations of the world” on Nov. 2, 2015, to proclaim Him and His Kingdom to all people, nations, and tribes, through their Bible study and education, discipleship, and ministry training.
We are, first of all, a WHOLE BIBLE ministry. This means that we believe that all of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is for everyone today, Jew and non-Jew alike, regardless of their background or who they are. We don’t believe that any part of it has been annulled, done away with, set aside, or replaced. It is all God’s Word for us today.
We believe that when we accept the gift of salvation through the Messiah Jesus (Heb. Yeshua) we are engrafted into the commonwealth of Israel (Ephesians 2:12-13); and therefore, all of the covenants – both their obligations and their blessings – belong to us who embrace the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and His Messiah, Jesus (Yeshua), and who continue to walk in covenant with Him.
Secondly, we are a KINGDOM ministry. The pulse and focus of Jesus’ (Yeshua‘s) ministry was (and still is) the Kingdom, and therefore, it is also our focus as well. In fact, in Acts 8:12, Philip proclaimed the Kingdom of God and the Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMashiach), and in Acts 28:30-31, Paul preached the kingdom of God and taught concerning the Lord Jesus Christ (Heb. Adon Yeshua HaMashiach). Just as the disciples had this dual message, so it is our desire to follow in their footsteps and to likewise carry on this dual message.
It was also during the early morning hours of Nov. 14, 2014, the Lord audibly spoke to Chris and told him, “I have given to you revelations concerning My kingdom, and it is time for you to share them.” After this audible revelation, God began to work in Chris & Karen’s life like never before. He began not only revealing more and more of Himself to them, but He healed Karen of a learning disability she had most of her life by reconstructing her brain, He healed their relationship and marriage, and then on Nov. 2, 2015, almost a year later, the Lord revealed to Karen and then Chris the following invitation:
“Follow Me into all the world and make disciples of all nations, and I will make you fishers of men…I want for you to go and tell My story to the nations, telling them that I am real and that I’m coming back, and I have not deleted anything from My Torah,” says the Lord God Almighty”…”Go and preach My words among the peoples and nations…I want you to walk in and study My Torah, and to proclaim it amongst My people,” says God.
God also told them,
I desire for you to succeed and prosper and to tell the world how great your God is. I so want for you to brag about Me and what I have done in your lives. Tell the world My stories of what I have done for you. Proclaim Me from your mountaintop that I am a Good God, and that you have evidence and proof that I do want all that is good for My people, a blessed and chosen, peculiar people set apart and chosen to shine brightly on a mountain top. (“Proclaim God from Your Mountain Top”)
In response to the Lord’s calling and direction that He wanted them to come to Israel, Chris & Karen began the process of selling and getting rid of everything that they owned, including the selling of their car, their house, as well as Chris quitting his job as a college professor, which he had done for a total of 25 years, 8 years as a part-time instructor and 17 years as a full-time instructor.
Chris and Karen then began this journey with God, a journey that they are still on. God took them to Jerusalem for three months and then brought them back to Somerton, Arizona, where Chris & Karen were the pastors of Cocopah Assembly of God, a small church on the Cocopah East Indian Reservation for almost two years.
God also moved on Chris’ heart to change the name of the ministry he was working to establish from “Share Messiah” to “Following Messiah.” When Chris inquired of the Lord about the change, the Lord told him that many people “talk about” Him, but not everyone “follows” Him. The name change was an outward sign of their new, deeper walk with Him.
Chris and Karen are presently living in Phoenix, AZ., where Chris is working on his first book about the Kingdom and the revelations that God has given to him.
As this ministry organization continues to be formed, we want you to know that we are not yet a non-profit organization so any donations at this time would NOT be tax deductible. However, once that status has been achieved, we will announce it here on our website.
OUR CALLING – WHAT GOD HAS INSTRUCTED US TO DO
The Lord has called Chris & Karen to share and teach the following:
- That God loves us with a love that we cannot comprehend or understand;
- That God is eternal, He does not change; He is the same yesterday, today, and forever;
- That God’s Word does not change, and that ALL of His word from Genesis 1:1 to the end of the book of Revelation is for all people for all time;
- That God’s primary focus is on establishing His Kingdom in our lives and, eventually, on the earth; it’s not about a religion or in “being religious”;
- That God cannot dwell in an unholy and corrupt people, His Temple; to be His Kingdom people, we must work with the Holy Spirit to sanctify ourselves and walk in obedience to His commandments, statutes, and ordinances, including those found in the Torah given to Moses on Mt. Siani;
- That the Lord’s return is very, very soon, and we need to prepare for His coming or take the chance of us being left behind; and
- That we are to reach out and minister God’s love and compassion to others.
OUR VISION – WHAT WE ASPIRE TO DO
As a result of the calling upon their lives, the ultimate vision for FMM is to prepare people for the soon return of our Lord and Messiah Jesus (Yeshua) and the establishment of His kingdom on earth from the city of Jerusalem.
OUR MISSION – WHY WE EXIST
- To proclaim and promote the kingdom of God and its Spirit-dependent way of life, fully centered on Messiah, to people of all nations.
Every believer, who is part of God’s kingdom, has been called to engage in the Kingdom at some level, whether you’ve been called to minister to your family and friends, to those in your neighborhood, to people at your job, to people at a local group or congregation, to people in your village, town, city, state, or country, or to minister in another country. God has placed His commission in every believer’s heart, and so it is our desire to reach out and to educate and train people so that they can be fully equipped to do whatever level of ministry God has called them to do.
The Kingdom of God was the pulse and heartbeat of all that Jesus (Yeshua) did and taught, and since we believe that we are living in the generation that shall see His return and the establishment of His kingdom here on earth, then we need to prepare people for the moment when they will meet Jesus (Yeshua) face-to-face, either at death or when He returns.
The Kingdom of God is not something that we begin to live after we die. We can begin to live as citizens of His kingdom today. This is a part of the good news that was proclaimed by Messiah during His three-and-a-half years of ministry and what He spoke about for forty days after His resurrection. Jesus (Yeshua) wanted a Kingdom people who would live their lives reflecting the values, norms, beliefs, and teachings of His Kingdom, which are found in the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation. He did not die to establish a religion, but a Kingdom. And somehow that idea of the Kingdom has been largely spiritualized and lost to the historical church.
Consequently, as we approach the time period of our King’s return, we need to return to a biblically-based, Kingdom-focused lifestyle. We need to be His kingdom, doing the work of the Kingdom until the time period of our King’s return. And if we can come back to that basic understanding, then we can return to an identity, belief and lifestyle that was central to Jesus (Yeshua), His life and His ministry. And it is for that purpose and reason that Following Messiah was established.
As a result, we at Following Messiah Ministries will be involved in the following:
- sharing the gospel (or “good news”) of the kingdom and our Lord Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah with others;
- leading people into an intimate relationship with the Messiah;
- teaching the whole Word of God in a way that’s comprehensive, understandable, thought-provoking, and applicable to people’s daily lives.
- teaching people about the kingdom of God and its Spirit-dependent way of life, and how to share it with others.
OUR ENDS/GOALS – WHAT WE HOPE TO ACHIEVE
The following is what we at Following Messiah would like to achieve in and through our ministry:
- The transformation of people’s lives around the world through their intimate relationship with Messiah, their daily time spent with Him in prayer and the study of the Scriptures, and their participation in the work of the kingdom of God;
- To awaken in people a desire and hunger for more of God and His Word;
- To restore to people a desire and hunger for the holiness of God, “that we might be partakers of His holiness,” for without “holiness, no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 13:10, 14);
- The development of people within God’s kingdom to reflect His character, nature, values, and beliefs;
- The development of people into a more active role and presence as ambassadors of the Messiah and His kingdom within the surrounding society, nation, and the world;
- To equip and empower believers with the education and training to successfully minister to the needs of others with God’s love and compassion, His Word, and the gifts and operations of the Holy Spirit; and
- To restore to people the surety and evidence that the whole Bible is for the believer today.
OUR TEN VALUES
- To continually seek to make the kingdom of heaven/G0d (Heb. Malkhut Hashamayim) our number #1 top priority;
- To keep the Messiah as the focus and Lord of our lives;
- To follow the leading of the Holy Spirit (Heb. Ruach HaKodesh);
- To keep our teachings and ministry based on the Word of God;
- To reach out to others with God’s love and compassion;
- To maintain a lifestyle that’s consistent with the message that we teach;
- To strive for excellence and professionalism in both attitude and conduct;
- To build teamwork, interdependence, and mutual accountability;
- To present messages that are clear, concise, well-supported and documented, and that elevates the person of the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) in love, integrity, and grace; and
- To be responsible and careful in the use of our position, opportunities, and platforms that are made available to us.
If you are visiting our site, we would like to welcome you. We invite you to check out our various links, to read our articles and blogs, and to consider and pray regarding our teachings. But whether you are a first-time visitor or a regular attendee our of site, it is our prayer that our materials will assist you with your walk with the Lord or in your search for the Truth, and that it will bring you into a closer, more intimate relationship with our Lord and Savior, the Messiah Yeshua/Jesus.
Following Messiah Ministries (FMM) is a Spirit-led, Whole Bible Kingdom outreach and ministry that’s been called by God and the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) to represent Him and all His Scriptures. Our ministry was officially founded in December 2015. However, we are still in the early stages of our development as an organization, and so we are not yet a legal non-profit. Therefore, any donations to us at this time would not be tax deductible.
However, we do covet your prayers for this ministry and the families of those who choose to be a part of our community and support us as we follow God’s calling on our lives. As soon as we have attained the legal status of a non-profit, then we will announce it here on our website.